By Grant McGarry
Read or Download A Night in the Pech Valley: A memoir of a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment in the Global War on Terrorism PDF
Best military history books
A suite of essays charting the advancements in army perform and war internationally within the early smooth and glossy periods.
This is often the milestone reputable entire background of the USA Air strength with compelling tales approximately America's airmen and their plane. This record, quantity I, includes the 1st 12 chapters and starts with balloons and the earliest heavier-than-air machines. It incorporates the tale via global battle II to the institution of the U.S. Air strength as a provider break away, yet equivalent to, the military and the army.
During this memoir, set as deeply in his brain as within the Southeast Asian jungle, a tender American soldier embarks on a trip to a conflict that, for him, is not really over. the realm used to be a playground for Mickey, a naïve Irish American child uninterested in his lifestyles. His father served in global warfare II, his brother used to be a Marine in Vietnam; now it used to be his flip.
The bold Raid to Kidnap a British common that allows you to achieve Freedom for the top score Continental Officer Captured in the course of the American RevolutionOn the evening of December 12, 1776, whereas on a reconnaissance project in New Jersey, Lieutenant Colonel William Harcourt and Cornet Banastre Tarleton of the British dragoons realized from Loyalist informers that significant normal Charles Lee, the second-in-command within the Continental military at the back of purely George Washington, used to be staying at a tavern at close by Basking Ridge.
- 18 DIVISION 55 Infantry Brigade East Surrey Regiment 8th Battalion : 12 September 1915 - 15 April 1919 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2050)
- A Single Grand Victory: The First Campaign and Battle of Manassas (The American Crisis Series: Books on the Civil War Era)
- Letters Home
- 2 DIVISION 19 Infantry Brigade Princess Louise's (Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders) 2nd Battalion : 2 February 1914 - 30 November 1915 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/1365/1)
- The Transition to National Armies in the Former Soviet Republics, 1988-2005 (Routledge Contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe Series)
- Aisne 1914: The Dawn of Trench Warfare
Additional resources for A Night in the Pech Valley: A memoir of a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment in the Global War on Terrorism